Thursday, January 31, 2013

Make them THINK you can cook!


Girls let’s just face it, I’m not a cook. I would like to be, but being that my husband and I both get home from work at the same time and he’s hungry the instant he’s home…I have to find ways to be creative other than having left-overs every night.  That’s where the crock-pot comes in. I prepare in the morning before I go to work or sometimes I do all the prep work the night before and refrigerate it. In the morning I plug it in and go!  I have made so many things from breakfast casseroles, hams, desserts, drinks, all sorts of things in the crockpot. Here’s my family’s favorite crock-pot meal.  I usually have a salad and some corn bread to go with it. ENJOY! 

Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
From www.food.com
Ingredients

1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken
2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans or navy beans
1 (15 ounce) can hominy or white corn
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
chopped green onion (optional)
monterey jack cheese (optional)

Directions:
Place chicken in slow cooker and top with beans and corn. In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chiles, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, then stir in the sour cream.
Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese, if desired.

What are some of YOUR favorite crock pot meals? Share them with us in the comments below! 


- Suzy A. Hicks
Co Director, Columbus Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment