Thursday, November 1, 2012

LBDC Welcomes Marcie Sinagra!

I heard about the Little Black Dress Club from my friend Tina. She was looking for a women's group to become involved in and had asked me if I knew of any. At the time I was only aware of 1 or 2 that were business oriented. She told me about this club she found called Little Black Dress Club and asked if I thought we could get a chapter started in the Pittsburgh area.

I decided to work with Tina to start a chapter because there is definitely a need in our area (and I think in many areas) for a group that fosters a sisterhood in women.

Our initial Meet and Greet is a Halloween themed cocktail hour scheduled for Wednesday, October 24. We also have on the calendar a Floral Design Class where we will create a Thanksgiving centerpiece. In the discussion phase of planning is a Spa Day, Yoga Class and a Cocktail Hour. The possibilities are endless!

I love the friendliness of our town. And I love that within 30 minutes I can be skiing in the mountains or having dinner in the city!

I actually have two philosophies in life ... both are quotes that speak to me. One is "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... It's learning to dance in the rain" This one helps me maintain my positive attitude. The second one is from Maya Angelou and says "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Tina and I met through my working for the Norwin Chamber of Commerce as Member Relations Coordinator. Tina is one of my members under her travel business. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for Tina. She is focused, organized, ambitious, kind and overall a great person that I am privileged to have become friends with!

I have adopted my favorite quotes as my philosophies on life. I have started via my work Facebook what has become known as "Motivational Monday". This week's post which I found moving was "to be inspired is great, to inspire is incredible".

I think there are too few strong lifelong friendships between women. To have great friendships we must first be great friends. We must give before we get, listen before we speak, etc.

I don't have much downtime, but when I do I like to read a good book or get in the kitchen and cook! I adore spending time with my kids ... when they'll have me HAHA! My fiance and I enjoy visiting wineries, going on motorcycle rides and in general just spending time together.

The Little Black Dress Club is just what we need in this day and age of moving at the speed of light!

~Marcie Sinagra
Co Director, Pittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment